The Anaheim Art Association was established in 1963 to promote an understanding and appreciation of fine art amoung the citizens of the community, encourage advanced study in art, and provide art exhibits
and competitions of interest to its members.
This year Disneyland Resort will be giving us 4 Day-Hopper Disneyland Tickets (a one day visit for both parks) to raffle so we can raise the money to support our costs at the MuzeO. Only 200 raffle tickets have been printed for the sale. The raffle tickets are $5.00 each. Drawing will be at the Awards presentation of our 54th Annual Open Exhibition on Oct 29 (you do not have to be present to win). Value is almost $700.
* June 14 tickets will be sold at our exciting new Wednesday night June meeting at 6:30(No Demonstrator) for a hands-on life drawing or you may paint if you so choose. Mary Ann Cosgrove and Cesar Devera are in charge of this event. Please bring a table easel or your standing easel with your art supplies.
*Tickets will be sold at the Downtown Community Center on June 26 from 10 am to 12 noon at our take-in for exhibiting your paintings in their Center Gallery. Please you must call me if you wish to exhibit as space is limited.
* July 12th tickets will be sold at another special painting meeting on Wednesday night at 6:30.
*Aug 9th tickets will be sold (if any are left) at another special Painting meeting Wed. 6:30pm.
Please bring exact amount/amounts for your purchase!!!
NEW TAKE IN DATES FOR AAA 54TH ANNUAL OPEN EXHIBITION:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25 AND SATURDAY, AUGUST 26, 2017.
The Muzeo has extended our exhibition one week for us. Watch for our prospectus to appear on this website the end of March. Tom Brown is our Judge this year.
Karen Neal -714-396-6325
Click to see Page and Photos
Here we are starting a new year. Some new Events/Meetings for summer:
• July thru August - Downtown Community Center (DCC) Exhibition of current
members. Pick up paintings: Monday August 21. Raffle Tickets for
Disneyland Day Hopper on Sale here @ $5.00 each must bring exact
change please. Only 200 tickets to be sold.
• July 12, 6:30pm get together to paint/draw/ take photos in our regular meeting room DCC.
• July 18, 12-3:30pm Tuesday $35.00J Magoo Valencia Water Colorfun .. looser water color bring paper & he will assist with watercolor paints if you need.
Maybe bring some cheap soft brushes.
• Aug. 9, 6:30pm - Paint together in our regular meeting room DCC
• August 15 Workshop: Debbie Abshear $35.00
• August 25 & 26, 12 noon to 4pm MuzeO take-in for Anaheim Art Association’s Annual 54th Open Juried Event. We need volunteers for both days (fun time and get to know members).
• Sept 1 - Official opening of our Exhibition at the MuzeO. Reception is Sunday Oct 29.
Go to Website: anaheimart.org
• Paint together every Tuesday 12-3:30 pm in our normal meeting room at the DCCexcept for 3rd Tuesday when a workshop is being held. No workshop in June 3 (Tues., 6-20-17).
• • • •
A New Year for AAA! Voted on at the May 10th meeting.
Board Members: June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018
President ............ Karen Neal
1st VP ................ Tony Podue
2nd VP ............... Rich Hall
3rd VP ................ Eric Stogner
4th VP ................ open
Treasurer .......... Rick Neal
Secretary ........... Mary Ann Cosgrove
If you would like to be on the board please contact me. Please pay your Dues for June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018. These dues help pay the association costs for the year.
Karen Neal, 714-396-Neal (6325)